Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Review: Some Mistakes of Moses

Some Mistakes of Moses Some Mistakes of Moses by Robert G. Ingersoll
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fascinating read. I confess I don't read enough older books, something I need to amend. I was directed to read this book by a YouTube video in which the creator reenacted "The Rib Story" bit. Ingersoll unashamedly lays out all the logical issues with the old testament that we are taught to ignore in Sunday school. Even if you disagree with everything he has to say, you should know why you disagree.
I think the coolest thing about this book is that it provides the reader with a snapshot of the understanding of science of the day (1879). Far too often, we think back on the past and imagine how primitive their understanding must have been. I was struck by just how much Ingersoll's scientific understanding is in line with what we know today.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment